The Custodian will maintain cleanliness of buildings and equipment in all
respects; keep the Evening Custodial Supervisor and Director of Physical
Facilities informed of incidents requiring action and/or replacement; handle
minor repairs within their resources; assist or fill in temporarily on other jobs
as assigned by the Evening Custodial Supervisor and/or Director of Physical
Facilities; recommend more efficient or better ways to complete tasks and
improve safety; initiate and follow a preventive maintenance process; and
perform daily and scheduled housekeeping duties as required.
1. Experiences working in custodial field or floor maintenance
2. Knowledge of floor care, terrazzo, tile and carpet, and floor care equipment.
3. Skilled in operation of floor machines, buffers, extractor, wet vac, and auto scrubber.
4. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
5. Ability to communication and get along with co-workers.
6. Ability to work alone with supervision.
7. Knowledge of maintenance of custodial equipment.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on the stated closing date. If submitting by mail, allow sufficient time so that it is received by the closing date. Application screening and interviewing will not be done until after the closing date unless noted otherwise.
A Northwest Iowa Community College application form must be completed and submitted by the specified time. A resume may be included, but will not take the place of a fully completed application form. Do not state "See Resume" in place of completing the respective information requested on the application form. Please remember to sign your application. When indicated, copies of all academic transcripts must be included.
Human Resources Office
Northwest Iowa Community College
603 West Park Street
Sheldon, Iowa 51201
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following –