Up to 20 hours per week. Ten months per year (mid-August to mid-June). This
position will provide secretarial and simulation support to faculties of Health Sciences
(Nursing and Radiologic Technology).
1. Must be highly organized and versatile, showing initiative, attention to details, professionalism, and commitment to Northwest Iowa Community College.
2. Must be able to complete a variety of assignments with a high degree of accuracy.
3. Must demonstrate skills in written, oral, and interpersonal communications, proofreading, spelling, basic math and bookkeeping, telephone skills, and office etiquette.
4. Must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and skills relative to the functions, procedures, and policies of office operations.
5. Must demonstrate proficiency, speed, and accuracy in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data
processing, and a desire to work with new and changing technologies.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on the stated closing date. If submitting by mail, allow sufficient time so that it is received by the closing date. Application screening and interviewing will not be done until after the closing date unless noted otherwise.
A Northwest Iowa Community College application form must be completed and submitted by the specified time. A resume may be included, but will not take the place of a fully completed application form. Do not state "See Resume" in place of completing the respective information requested on the application form. Please remember to sign your application. When indicated, copies of all academic transcripts must be included.
Human Resources Office
Northwest Iowa Community College
603 West Park Street
Sheldon, Iowa 51201
1. Serve as the confidential office assistant to the faculty of the nursing and radiologic programs. This includes: typing and duplication (i.e., course related materials – tests, syllabi, handouts); assisting in preparation and updating of syllabi a