Full-time 9 month contract with possible supplemental time. This position includes,
but is not limited to shared responsibility for classroom (both face to face and online)
instruction, lab and clinical instruction, as well as continued curriculum and program
updating and development. Additional shared responsibilities will include program
budgets, effective utilization of advisory committees, equipment utilization and
updates, and other responsibilities as appropriate to the Nursing programs at the
1. Conduct effective instruction in all assigned areas, using approved course outlines.
2. Develop and maintain current course syllabi/outlines for assigned courses.
3. Notify the Director of Nursing Education or individual in charge as early as possible of inability to meet a class.
4. Measure and evaluate student progress and maintain accurate grade computations. Submit grade reports to Student Services according to designated timelines.
5. Attend all faculty and division meetings and serve on college committees as appropriate.
6. Schedule and meet with program advisory committee a minimum of once per year.
7. Recommend library books and films.
8. Assist in the budgeting process by identifying instructional materials and equipment.
9. Counsel, advise, and/or refer students as appropriate.
10. Maintain evidence of competency achievement (knowledge and application of knowledge) and demonstrate continuous professional development as outlined in the Quality Faculty Plan.
11. Assist in promotion and recruitment of the instructor’s respective program(s).
12. Submit requisitions for needed supplies to immediate supervisor.
13. Serve as a resource person for students and graduates regarding job opportunities.
14. Enforce all Northwest Iowa Community College student policies.
15. Participate in professional development activities.
16. Provide students written course expectations, including course objectives, attendance policy, methods of evaluation, and grading practices.
17. Serve on college committees as assigned.
18. Other duties as directed by the Director of Nursing Programs. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Required – Masters of Science in Nursing or annual progress towards. Three years of clinical nursing experience. Basic computer skills.
Preferred – 2 years of college level teaching experience. Bilingual in English and Spanish languages. The successful applicant for this position will be required to meet applicable Iowa Board of Nursing criterion and new instructor criterion as established by the College Quality Faculty Plan.