Responsible for the planning, development, and coordination of employee
safety and training programs, in accordance with federal, state, and local
regulations and policies. Development of written programs and policies for
cities and utilities for their compliance with safety regulations.
Required - Training in industrial safety, first aid, and accident prevention and/or direct experience with gas, water, electric utility, and telecommunications operations and practices. Knowledge of computer software.
Preferred - Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety & Health or related field. Ability to acquire and maintain CPR/First Aid instructor qualifications. Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
Copies of all academic transcripts are required. Unofficial copies are acceptable at the time of application. Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a complete set of original transcripts will be required.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Good customer service communication skills and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in safety and health.
2. High degree of confidentiality.
3. Strong people skills in listening, patience, friendly, and use of diplomacy, as well as problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure, and ability to think logically.
4. Ability to observe, train, and evaluate practices and conditions in a variety of settings, including confined spaces, at elevations, and under adverse environmental conditions.
5. Physical ability to demonstrate a broad variety of equipment and techniques.
6. Ability to work with VECTOR members’ employees, elected and appointed officials, and the general public.
7. Valid motor vehicle operator’s license. Company vehicle will be provided.
If submitting by mail, allow sufficient time so that it is received by the closing date. Application screening and interviewing will not be done until after the closing date unless noted otherwise. A Northwest Iowa Community College application form must be completed and submitted by the specified time. A resume may be included, but will not take the place of a fully completed application form. Do not state "See Resume" in place of completing the respective information requested on the application form. Please remember to sign your application. When indicated, copies of all academic transcripts must be included.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed by the appointed selection committee. Only
applicants with completed materials will be considered. Appointments will be scheduled with those
applicants selected for interviewing. Interview travel costs are at the applicant's expense unless stated
otherwise. All applicants will be notified in writing once the position is filled.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Human Resources Office, Northwest Iowa Community College, 603 West Park Street, Sheldon, Iowa 51201; 712-324-5061, ext. 113, or 1-800-352-4907; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete job description click here.